Extra fluffy Greek yogurt pancakes swirled with a Nutella filling topped with a cream cheese glaze. Makes a special breakfast that will surely brighten up National Pancake Day or any old Tuesday.
[pe2-image src=”http://lh3.ggpht.com/-C3-Bi_MVR6U/UxOtY3UEJ3I/AAAAAAAAOik/PzAtEOu_dcM/s144-o/Nutella%252520Swirl%252520Pancakes%252520%252520-%252520Life%252520Made%252520Sweeter.jpg” href=”https://picasaweb.google.com/104357654632449509020/Blog4#5986318972382095218″ caption=”Nutella Swirl Pancakes – Life Made Sweeter.jpg” type=”image” alt=”Nutella Swirl Pancakes – Life Made Sweeter.jpg” pe2_single_image_size=”w600″ pe2_img_align=”center” ]
I am such a sucker for pancakes as well as Nutella so combining these two for National Pancake Day —> best. decision. ever.
[pe2-image src=”http://lh5.ggpht.com/-vlYVX_ESvSM/UxORD1hedQI/AAAAAAAAOiI/ZKgyZZeUB5c/s144-o/Nutella-Swirl-Pancakes–Life-Made-Sweeter-8jpg.jpg” href=”https://picasaweb.google.com/104357654632449509020/Blog4#5986287824798643458″ caption=”” type=”image” alt=”Nutella-Swirl-Pancakes–Life-Made-Sweeter-8jpg.jpg” pe2_single_image_size=”w950″ pe2_img_align=”center” ]
We start by whipping up my favorite pancake batter and swirl in some melted butter and Nutella.
These extra fluffy pancakes are made with Greek yogurt which is so amazing! It makes them extra thick and when you bite into them, they are still wonderfully light and fluffy.
[pe2-image src=”http://lh5.ggpht.com/-dV-txDDm4hw/UxORDoQrtDI/AAAAAAAAOiE/P0GBVQMJcN8/s144-o/Nutella-Swirl-Pancakes–Life-Made-Sweeter-11.jpg” href=”https://picasaweb.google.com/104357654632449509020/Blog4#5986287821238547506″ caption=”” type=”image” alt=”Nutella-Swirl-Pancakes–Life-Made-Sweeter-11.jpg” pe2_single_image_size=”w600″ pe2_img_align=”center” ]
Once the pancakes are flipped, the Nutella mixture gets caramelized with the magical swirl.
Serve them with a warm cream cheese glaze or pour some maple syrup over them. Some powdered sugar and fresh fruit would be amazing as well.
[pe2-image src=”http://lh4.ggpht.com/-OBoSs8nEB9Q/UxOREqdWjeI/AAAAAAAAOiQ/WnS6HBf97x0/s144-o/Nutella-Swirl-Pancakes–Life-Made-Sweeter-9.jpg” href=”https://picasaweb.google.com/104357654632449509020/Blog4#5986287839008427490″ caption=”” type=”image” alt=”Nutella-Swirl-Pancakes–Life-Made-Sweeter-9.jpg” pe2_single_image_size=”w950″ pe2_img_align=”center” ]
These are my new favorite pancakes! Easy enough for a lazy weekend or a special breakfast treat that your entire family will surely love for Pancake Tuesday or any old day.
Extra fluffy Greek yogurt pancakes swirled with a Nutella filling topped with a cream cheese glaze. Makes a special breakfast that your entire family will love.
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
Pancakes (Can use your favorite pancake recipe or a box mix)
2 cups of white whole wheat flour or all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk, or sub another milk of your choice
1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup of Nutella
4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
Cream Cheese Glaze (optional)
2 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons of unstalted butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Make the pancakes
- Preheat a griddle or a large skillet to medium heat and grease with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the Greek yogurt and maple syrup together. Stir in vanilla extract then milk and finally the beaten eggs slowly. Mix until well incorporated.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Over mixing will result in less fluffy pancakes.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt Nutella and butter together in 10 second increments, stirring in between until pourable consistency.
- Pour filling into a pastry bag with a small tip.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup batter onto the skillet. When pancake has started to cook a little, swirl in the Nutella filling.
- When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip carefully with a spatula and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes more until browned on the underside.
- Transfer to a baking sheet or platter and keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.
- Cream Cheese Glaze
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, heat cream cheese and butter until melted. Whisk together with powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- When ready to serve, spoon warmed glaze onto the top of each pancake.
You may have to keep reheating the Nutella filling in the microwave as you make the pancakes so it remains liquefied.
Thanks for reading Life Made Sweeter, you can also stay connected with me here:
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Google+ | Instagram | Bloglovin