Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki makes the perfect easy set and forget crock-pot and Instant Pot pressure cooker meal. Best of all, only 10 minutes of prep with a delicious homemade Teriyaki sauce. Sunday meal prep for work lunches and skip the takeout! Plus recipe VIDEO!
A few that of our takeout favorites are Chicken Lo Mein, Chicken Pad Thai and Cashew Chicken.
And now, I’m super excited that we can add Teriyaki Chicken to our list.
The flavors are spot on and the best part? It practically takes no time at all to prep! In fact, it’s an easy set and forget kind of recipe.
We love anything that includes teriyaki sauce and if you do too, here are a few easy recipes to get you started:
- Teriyaki Chicken Zoodles
- One Pot Teriyaki Rice with Chicken
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken
- Baked Teriyaki Salmon
- Teriyaki Chicken Foil Packets
- Teriyaki Beef Zoodles
- Teriyaki Shrimp Noodles
- Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Caesar Salad
Toss everything into the crockpot (or your Instant Pot) and simmer away!
The chicken soaks in all that amazing sweet and savory sauce and stays nice and tender.
Shred into bite-sized pieces with two forks and serve over your favorite rice, quinoa or noodles. It makes a delicious meal that can easily rival your local take-out restaurant.
These would make great leftovers or if you prep this on your Sunday meal prep, you can have great work or school lunches for the rest of the week.
SOME MEAL PREPPING TIPS FOR THIS SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TERIYAKI:
- Mix the sauce ingredients together the day before and store in an air-tight container in the fridge
- Make the rice or noodles the day before and store in an air-tight container in the fridge
- Great for Sunday weekly meal prep or pack the leftovers in your lunch containers for the week
- Pack with your favorite vegetables (broccoli & edamame shown her) and carbs – Jasmine rice, brown rice, cauliflower rice or spiralized vegetables – zoodles – I use this lunch container
More lunch bowl ideas:
General Tso’s Chicken Lunch Bowls
Slow Cooker Orange Lunch Bowls
Sweet and Sour Chicken Lunch Bowls
Asian Lemon Chicken Lunch Bowls
Honey Lime Chicken with Asparagus Lunch Bowls
Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki makes the perfect easy set and forget crock-pot meal. Best of all, only 10 minutes of prep with a delicious homemade Teriyaki sauce. Skip the takeout!
10 minPrep Time
3 hr, 30 Cook Time
3 hr, 40 Total Time
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce (or can use tamari or coconut aminos for gluten free or paleo)
1/3 cup honey
1/4 rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar for paleo)
1 tablespoon Mirin (or dry sherry) (optional)
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons freshly grated or minced ginger
2 tablespoons corn starch (or arrowroot/tapioca starch for paleo)
3 tablespoon cold water
For garnish: sliced green onions, sesame seeds
For lunch bowls: cooked rice, quinoa or noodles, cooked shelled edamame beans, roasted or stir-fried broccoli (or other vegetable of your choice), lunch containers
- For Slow Cooker Method:Place the chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, vinegar, mirin, sesame oil, garlic and ginger and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- To thicken sauce, combine the corn starch with water and stir into the slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for another 30-40 minutes, or until sauce has bubbled and thickened up. Shred chicken into pieces with two forks and serve with any remaining sauce along with your favorite rice, quinoa or noodles.
- For lunch bowls, make rice and vegetables and divide evenly among lunch containers. Add chicken and drizzle on remaining sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
- For Instant Pot Method:
- Place the chicken in the Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, vinegar, mirin, sesame oil, garlic and ginger and pour over chicken.
- Close and seal Instant Pot.
- Set on high for 5 minutes, let naturally release for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot and shred with two forks.
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute. Combine the corn starch with water and stir into the Instant Pot. Allow the sauce to bubble and thicken up. Add the chicken back into the Instant Pot and combine with sauce. Serve with any remaining sauce along with your favorite rice, quinoa or noodles.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, green onions and serve over rice, quinoa or zoodles, if desired.
Looking for more take-out favorites?
Slow Cooker Chicken Lo Mein Noodles
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken with Pineapples and Bell Peppers